Friday 30 March 2012

Self-directed: Facial expression - Research into methods

From the sessions with Ed, I explored the possibility of producing my work through the form of a print screen, fanzine. This opportunity meant I learnt how to print screen, which I had only had one go at before and didn't really remember how to do it. It also made me think about how my pages maybe lain out, what paper I would want to use and how I would want  my covers to look. 

I used this chance to look more into animal facial expressions side of my brief that I had said was an option to explore. A personal interest in sharpie art made me decide to originally draw all my illustrations free hand, in sharpie pen, to be used as the images for my fanzine. The images I used to draw from are a mixture of internet and my own photos. For my own photos, I specifically went out to Heeley city farm to give me a little archive of my own images so that I wouldn't just be steeling from other people and to get images that are more what I am trying to show.











As you can see in the above picture, I did the covers in a range of colours to show a bit of personality, there is no difference in the content of each colour of books.



No comments:

Post a Comment